July 03, 2008

Pictures--now featuring accompanying text!


I call this "Dog, Interrupted" because it sounds pleasingly pretentious. It was taken with my cell phone on a recent hike through a local park. Here our German Shepherd is eyeing something in the middle distance; perhaps he's attempting to discern the meaning of life or perhaps he's on the lookout for scat to smell. With a little photoshopping perhaps Obi's sloping head could match the slope of the tall grass.


* * *




I'm calling "Hammock in June" since I can't think of anything more pretentious. Here we see the juxtaposition of waves of Juney green with the astonishing white of the hammock. The hammock looks almost like the sloop of a sailship (I'm not entirely sure what the sloop of a ship is, but I liked the alliterative aspect of 'sloop of a sailship'. Perhaps I actually mean sail.


* * *




This is the doorway of an art gallery in NoHo ('north of Houston street') or SoHo ('south of Houston') in Manhattan. On the far left, you might be able to make out a farm scene. Something like a totem pole stands next to it. The girl in the black dress acts as a framing device along with the totem pole.


* * *




This was taken while walking through the Essex House, a hotel on Central Park that I had stayed at many years ago. I like statuary and I like the female form, so female statuary is exceedingly attractive.


* * *




My wife took this shot in Times Square, and I love the look of this guy on the phone in the lower righthand corner. It's the look a native New Yorker might have, frank and perhaps slightly exasperated.

No comments: