December 17, 2008

Had to get this book for the niece just for the cover:
Reminds me of a country song by Joe Diffie that went:
Prop me up beside the jukebox if I die
Lord, I wanna go to heaven but I don't wanna go tonight
Fill my boots up with sand, put a stiff drink in my hand
Prop me up beside the jukebox if I die...

Just let my headstone be a neon sign
Let it burn in mem'ry of all of my good times
Fix me up with a manequin, just remember I like blondes
I'll be the life of the party even when I'm dead and gone
_____________


Let's re-write the words for the biliophile as:

_____________

Prop me up inside the library if I die
Lord, I wanna go to heaven but I don't wanna go tonight
Walker Percy and Thomas Mann, put a Kindle in my hand
Prop me up inside the library if I die...

Just let my headstone be a Borders sign
Let it burn in mem'ry of all of my good times
Fix me up with some Shakespeare or maybe "Kubla Kahn"
I'll be the hit of the library even when I'm dead and gone

Prop me up inside the library if I die
Lord, I wanna go to heaven but I don't wanna go tonight
Walker Percy and Thomas Mann, put a Kindle in my hand
Prop me up inside the library if I die..

No comments: