December 11, 2008

Tip of the 'berg?

Recent scandals involving Eliot Spitzter and Blagojevich and William Jefferson and his freezer full of cash suggest that just as its mostly dumb criminals who get caught, it's only politicians who are audacious to the point of mental illness who get caught.

You wonder how much Senate seat selling actually goes that we haven't heard about. Certainly most politicians aren't as self-immolating as Blagojevich. If he wasn't caught on tape it wouldn't be as big a story given how no one seems to care Chris Dodd was getting sweetheart deals from Countrywide as long as he doesn't flout it.

The following said about Blagoevich is eerily similar to what we heard of Eliot Spitzer: "there's the same sense of entitlement, the same sense of thinking I am superior. I can do whatever I want. I am not going to be caught."

The Governor's haircut has been much remarked upon. I hope mine doesn't look like that. If so I need to get a bristle cut and start using hair gels and get with the '90s...

No comments: