May 05, 2009

Ohio Blogger Meet-Up

Had the pleasure of meeting some of those behind the "blogger curtain", in this case the the warm and witty Mrs. D, her cherubic infant son Jack, and the smart and sagacious Jay Anderson, Brendan, and Fr. Martin Fox.

Rich Leonardi, who they say is a live wire, couldn't make it due to a family commitment. Mrs. D had mentioned inviting any other local Catholic bloggers and now it occurs to me that I'd forgotten to ask Maureen in Dayton who blogs at Suburban Banshee.

5 comments:

mrsdarwin said...

My mind as well as my body must have been on vacation, because all day I've been kicking myself: "Oh man, I didn't ask TS about the chair! Shoot, we didn't discuss corporate idiocy! What about bingo?" Ah well, more fun saved up for the next time...

TS said...

Oh I don't know that Jay and Father Fox and Brendan would've been too interested in those issues (although perhaps there's a comparison to be made between the Israelis and the Palestinians and the chair and my chair bete noir! :-))

I just wish I'd asked you & B "how you got there from here", i.e. more about Christendom and what books influenced you and all that. Yours is such an unusual story in contemporary Catholic society - orthodox without priggishness and without an obvious period of rebellion.

Also liked your thoughts on raising kids btw...

Jay Anderson said...

I really enjoyed meeting you. Looking forward to the next Ohio blogger meet-up.

TS said...

Thanks Jay, I enjoyed meeting you too. You guys really know your stuff (geopolitics and the Supreme Court)!

Darwin said...

Ah, yes, well. The trick to knowing one's stuff is to talk about what you know.

Now if you'd brought up bingo, we would all have been defeated.