1. Which book has been on your shelves the longest?
A Child's Book of Poems
2. What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?
Currently reading "Game Change". Just finished "Come Be My Light", next to read hopefully "The Sober Intoxication of the Spirit".
3. What book did everyone like and you hated?
4. Which book do you keep telling yourself you'll read, but you probably won't?
Proust's Remembrances of Things Past
5. Which book are you saving for "retirement?"
6. Last page: read it first or wait till the end?
7. Acknowledgments: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?
Rarely read unless the author/book is of especial interest.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
No, not Skimpole. No....!
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?
Laurie Colwin's "Happy All the Time".
10. Name a book you acquired in some interesting way.
I acquired a New Testament from a church in the Smokey Mtns. In retrospect, not sure they were free for the taking or just for church services.
11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
12. Which book has been with you to the most places?
13. Any "required reading" you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad ten years later?
Oh Shakespeare for sure.
14. What is the strangest item you’ve ever found in a book?
15. Used or brand new?
New if possiblie.
16. Stephen King: Literary genius or opiate of the masses?
What, there's no middle ground?
17. Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?
Lord of the Rings
18. Conversely, which book should NEVER have been introduced to celluloid?
19. Have you ever read a book that's made you hungry, cookbooks being excluded from this question?
"The Naked Pint" with all the talk of flavors.
20. Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?
"Always" is a strong modifier.