January 11, 2011

Lightning Round

Kudos to Mike Barnicle on Morning Joe for not politicizing AZ shooting.
* *
Universities Ohio State and Miami U named "best values" by Kiplinger's Personal Finance.
* *
Great to hear of moderate Muslims rising against jihadists: Egypt's Muslims attend Coptic Christmas mass, serving as "human shields".
* *
Unlikely Bumper Sticker: This vehicle stops for large obstacles in the road.
* *
Terry Teachout: "I'm rethinking my longstanding opposition to giving up writing and becoming a full-time beach bum." (Mrs. Darwin probably thinks I already am one!)
* *

You can't keep markets down: Incandescent light bulbs as "heat balls."
* *

Title of spam email I received...."Your dream come true, Government Grants!" Not the taxpayer's dream exactly...
* *

Be cool to read one of these "Chronological Bibles".
* *
Josh Groban's Noel, an album of Christmas hymns: two thumbs up.
* *
The Spirit is not a "consolation prize" for the souls who lived after the time Jesus was alive but is a true person who stands on his own.

2 comments:

mrsdarwin said...

You're not a beach bum if you're blogging about it. It's more of an... apostolate. I tell you what, I'm thinking about giving up my longstanding opposition to retiring to Florida, after half a season of Ohio winter. :)

TS said...

I like that! An apostolate. Yes... and as part of that am planning a short trip to Sanibel Island next week in fact.

I agree on Florida; I'm beginning to think that the wisdom of elders displays itself in the geriatric migration to Florida. Having never lived in Texas I have no experience of the summers there, but I daresay I'd rather have a Texas summer than an Ohio winter! You, having experienced both, wouldst be a better judge.