March 24, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau Controversy

I haven't seen the film, but there's some interesting diametrically opposed commenting about it going on:

From Creative Minority Report:
I saw "The Adjustment Bureau" recently and thought it was one of the most insidiously wrong-headed movies I had seen in a long time. Attractive characters, interesting plot at first and God as a capricious tyrant. I'm glad Fr. Barron has some erudite commentary.
From the US Conference of Catholic Bishops movie site:
Though this is not a film for young people, the metaphysical elements of the plot can be interpreted by mature viewers in a way that squares with Judeo-Christian faith.
Under the current movies link on the USCCB site, I think there's the most O--morally offensive movie ratings I've ever seen.

No comments: