April 12, 2011

Alack & Alas

Sadly I must report that my consecutive streak of 1,925 meals successfully brought up from the cafe to my desk on the tenth floor has been cruelly snapped. And it was a completely unforced error - nobody coming around a blind corner to run into - though aren't they all? Even more ironic is that I was carrying a light load: two six-inch subs for dinner and one chicken parmigiana for lunch. I was also within just eight feet of my destination. It's a well-known fact that accidents are most likely within twenty-five feet of your cubicle, which is why I try to stay as far away from it as possible.

The resulting smash-up wasn't too bad. Some tomato sauce on the floor, a few stray noodles and three or four brussel sprouts were casualties.

At least I covered the spread; the over-under on number of days I'd be able to carry sans mishap was 472.

1 comment:

Positive Thoughts said...

For Jesus sake visit me: See the power of positive thinking within you. Please follow my blog and read intersting posts about Success, Happiness, Motivation, Self Improvement. http://positivethoughts2011.blogspot.com