October 09, 2012

Moving Letter...

Wonderful to hear of a religious vocation discerned. And I thought it was pretty good that this young lady (a worker at LifeSite News) admitted to being a birther. Kind of honest. Usually people try to sweep their old opinions under the table. She was also spot-on about supporting McCain. Good Lord I can't believe some people sat out the '08 election in some search for 'purity'. But then everybody's got to follow their conscience and that's as it should be. Also a great final paragraph from the excerpt below:
My Final Letter to You

By: Kathleen Gilbert, Former U.S. Bureau Chief
Dear readers,

I'm sorry to say this is my final letter to you.

A previous letter hinted at my mysterious disappearance from LifeSiteNews' roster a few weeks ago. So tonight I'm picking up the metaphorical pen one last time before I enter the Carmelite monastery in Buffalo, New York, to begin my postulancy there on October 14. The feeling is difficult to describe, but bittersweet is a large part.

...Very few are so privileged as to fight evil as a form of gainful employment - I was. I am leaving one deeply spiritual work, for another.

When I began as a very nervous novice journalist in August 2008, it was only weeks away from Obama's victory. As I set to work keeping up on the election, I began reading up on this strange character with the silky intonation, and soon came to the conclusion that he was not just bad - a mortal enemy of unborn children (somehow a ho-hum feature of political candidates now) - but a real force of destruction against America and its spiritual roots.

Panicking, I dove headfirst into the birther world, clamoring before family and friends that even though McCain was a tepid pro-lifer at best, if we elected Obama, America would never be the same again. Whether or not I was right about his birthplace, I was right about the outcome. We have ended Obama's first term with Christian retailers fighting a $1.3 million dollar-per-day fine in the United States of America, just for being Christian.

I came in with Obama, and, God willing, I'm going out with him too....

It's a mission that pro-life actress Vanessa Ore summed up eloquently in an encounter with an abortion-minded friend: “I love you, no matter what you do, but ... I have to be the voice of this child right now for you.”

There is a desperate need for that voice.
Full piece here.

No comments: