My understanding is nominations were due February 1, but deliberations could continue until this week, so everything the President has done since since February counts, too.
Of course, even by February 1, President Obama had amassed decades worth of not being George W. Bush, so you can see the sense of the committee's decision.
As for what he's going to do, what's the term for giving a politician money in order to make sure he does what you want him to do? "Signing bonus"?
I like what Maureen Dowd wrote today, attributing it to Bush:
"W.:See, I’m the one who should be mad. Let me tell you, this Norwegia thing has nothing to do with him. It’s just another way for the pinkos of the world to drop a cow patty on my legacy....Those Nobel ninnies are so lulu left they make the U.N. look like a Fox jamboree. The rookie already got rewarded once for not being me when he got elected. Gosh, what would he do without me?"
6 comments:
Unofficial sources say that the initial response was, "for what?"
Mine too. I know I don't keep up very well, but I must have missed something really significant.
I think Dylan posted that when the Nobel group voted, he was only 10 days in office. Un-bowl-lievable.
Maybe he got the award for what they think he's going to do. I wish people would give me stuff on that ground.
My understanding is nominations were due February 1, but deliberations could continue until this week, so everything the President has done since since February counts, too.
Of course, even by February 1, President Obama had amassed decades worth of not being George W. Bush, so you can see the sense of the committee's decision.
As for what he's going to do, what's the term for giving a politician money in order to make sure he does what you want him to do? "Signing bonus"?
I like what Maureen Dowd wrote today, attributing it to Bush:
"W.:See, I’m the one who should be mad. Let me tell you, this Norwegia thing has nothing to do with him. It’s just another way for the pinkos of the world to drop a cow patty on my legacy....Those Nobel ninnies are so lulu left they make the U.N. look like a Fox jamboree. The rookie already got rewarded once for not being me when he got elected. Gosh, what would he do without me?"
+JMJ+
Piggybacking on what William has said:
So they gave him the award on credit?
I really want to see how this plays out . . .
Post a Comment