Above: Bush urges Americans to 'blog, blog like the wind'
WASHINGTON, DC—Making a strong statement of appeal to "the long-standing tradition of bold opining that made this nation great" Monday, President Bush challenged the U.S. blogging industry to produce twenty million new blogs by summer 2009.
"My fellow Americans, it's time for more pundits," Bush said in a special prime-time address to the nation. "America has the technology. Blogger.com. Blog-city.com. We have the market-research capacity. We have the braggadocia, the bloggadocia, the bloviation and the resources to express our opinion. If we all pull together, we can create twenty million new blogs by 2009. And America will be able to hold its head high again."
"Yes I want to know about your cat. I want to know what he had for dinner last night. I want slice of life vignettes and stream o' conscious tales of life in these United States. And yes, most of all, I want your quizzes!"
__
Inspired by/cribbed from the Onion
No comments:
Post a Comment