August 09, 2003

Ham is a truthteller:

Thanks to last week, with universal cloud cover providing a gray cast, I have finally thrown in the towel on Ohio. Central Ohio only gets 75 sunny days a year and that has never bothered me until now.

Now that I am unemployed I actually pay some attention to the weather. Yuma, AZ gets almost 300 sunny days a year. At no additional cost I might add.


I'm trying to fend off vague sense of panic that it’s August 8th already. The fresh signs for the Labor Day Greek Festival look like tomb stones. The rains have come all week and the mosquitos are thick as Welbornian blog posts. The past week doesn’t count as summer; we got gypped. No sinking into the back porch furniture in sun so hot that it melts you into the fabric. Fencing with draculean mosquitos seems to defeat the purpose of summer. Hope the bastards like 0+.

Completely unrelated, one of the interesting notions about blogging is at what point you (I) don't post my poetry. If you have three visitors a day, you do. I'm right about at the line where there are too many. If blogging is the karaoke of writing, then posting bad poetry might be equivalent to passing gas in a crowded elevator.

No comments: