| O lumen
Light of the Church, Teacher of truth, Rose of patience, Ivory of chastity, You freely poured forth the waters of wisdom. Preacher of grace, Unite us with the blessed. |
And when the prior and the other brothers had solemnly prepared themselves for the commendation of a soul and had gathered about him, Dominic said to the prior and brothers: "Wait a little while." While waiting, the prior said to him: "Father, you know how you leave us desolate and sad. Remember to pray for us to God." The blessed friar Dominic with hands raised to heaven, prayed: "Holy Father, Thou knowest how I have freely remained steadfast in Thy will, and have guarded and kept those whom Thou hast given me. I recommend them to Thee. Keep and guard them." And the witness said that he had heard from the brothers that when they asked him concerning themselves he answered them: "I will be more useful and fruitful to you after death than I was in life." Then, after a short interval, Dominic commanded the prior and brothers: "Begin." And they solemnly began the office for the commendation of a soul. And, as he believes, the brother, Blessed Dominic himself said the office with them, because he moved his lips. While the office was being said, he gave up the ghost.
-From the canonization process of St. Dominic via Disputations.
No comments:
Post a Comment