July 14, 2004

Various & Sundry

Is Enbrethiliel pregnant!? That's what I thought when I saw the headline "First Day of the Second Trimester"...
-
Anglophilic Derbyshire on Irishman Yeats
-
Great post from The Dawn Patrol on the folly of settling for respect.
-
Excerpt from a letter from St. Therese of Lisieux:
Set your mind at rest: He whom you have chosen as your Spouse possesses certainly every perfection that can be desired; but, if I may dare to say it, He has at the same time one great infirmity: He is blind! And there is a science which He knows not, that of calculation. These two points which would be most lamentable in an earthly spouse, renders ours infinitely lovable. Were He to consider our sins and reckon with them, do you not think that in the face of all these sins He would cast us back into nothingness? But no, His love for us makes Him absolutely blind!

No comments: