Sympathy for Dick Cheney
Not much to say on the Dick Cheney story other than he could've handled the press and reporting of it better. I don't find it all that persuasive that he wanted to wait to report it, pending the condition of the shooting victim. After all, Whittington's condition is still pending. Yet I'm amazed by the Beltway fire storm. It's as though all the hate that has smouldered for years within the White House press corps has been lit by the match of this accidental shooting. For most liberals and much of the press Dick Cheney is, literally, the devil.
So I was going to re-write the lyrics of the Rolling Stones' song Sympathy for the Devil ("Please allow me to introduce myself / I’m a man of wealth and taste / I’ve been around for a long, long time / Served in the House and Dep't of Defense"... "I was there when Lincoln died / made damn sure Booth did the deed") when I realized that it wouldn't read as parody. You can't shock and awe when the Left has already shocked and awed us with its fierce hatred of Bush & Cheney.
No comments:
Post a Comment