This was truly "the other" made manifest! What could possibly motivate someone to bend over and place an ad on their car for such a dull, scandal-ridden politician?
Sure, I could see Clinton stickers on cars a year from now when she's the official Democrat candidate because then you have to wear your colors, like putting out a scarlet & gray flag when Ohio State plays.
But now? In the “idealistic” phase of the campaign when you can have a Bernie Sanders or an Elizabeth Warren (Native American name "Distant Sister")? When the world is your oyster and you can cheer for someone inspiring and fresh and new and truth-speaking?
Out of curiosity and a sense of wonder, I wanted to see who was driving the vehicle since there is nothing more surprising than someone announcing without provocation that they are voting-challenged. It's akin to a bumper sticker that says, "My Child Has a Room Temperature IQ". Perhaps I could divine some inner meaning from this craziness. But alas no luck.
Still, I'm sure there's a good reason. I propose several potentials:
- He/she works for campaign. This would make the most sense by far. Campaign workers have to sign up relatively early and show/feign enthusiasm. This would assure me that the world isn't a completely illogical place.
- Is a liberal woman and feels strongly it is time for a woman president. The problem with this is if Elizabeth Warren ran (admittedly unlikely now) the sticker would presumably lose some of its appeal.
- Is a fan of yoga and grandchildren and deleted emails.
- Is a wife whose husband cheated on her and thus the solidarity of a woman cheated. I'm not sure how much traction has since it's been many years since Hillary was the woman wronged.
- Fame seems to be intrinsically charismatic and Hillary is famous. This explains the success of the Kardashians and why folks write love letters to famous serial killers in prison.
- Maybe he/she supported Hillary in '08 and was very upset when although it was “her turn” someone else took her spot.
- Maybe they look exactly like Hillary, right down to the earth-tone pant suits, and need the reassurance of someone running the country who looks like themselves.