August 23, 2003

I want a recount

A reader confirmed my suspicion that ISTJs have a weak sense of humor. We must be the Germans of the Myers-Briggs world (expect more humor in this blog to counteract Myers and his associate Briggs).

Not that a sense of humor is so important, of course, but here's what she says:

As far as my husband goes ISTJ he's not a very joyful, happy person. And when someone tries to tell him jokes or reads a cartoon, he'll say "So?" Which makes no one want to tell him jokes especially if they have to be explained. I have a daughter who is ESTJ and she is a happy enough person, but her joke understanding is the same.

Even more enlightening was this:

We J's are pretty time-oriented and we don't flow very well. Things bother us more as our expectations are obligatory etc. But as an N I have a less of a problem with flow. SJ's are the tightest.

That rings true, I am time-oriented. Multi-tasking is an obsession. Thoreau said it important to have a "broad margin to life" which translated means lots of free time.

No comments: