The Daily Wire’s Matt Walsh is an interesting character in this whole Tyler Robinson fiasco. He says he likes truth, feels beholden to it. But he was in the unfortunate position of working for Ben Shapiro. So what would he do?
Well, out of the gate, he knew a fraud when he saw it and called it out. Grok:
Mid-September 2025 (shortly after the September 10 assassination): Walsh addressed the killing on The Matt Walsh Show. Key examples include: • Ep. 1658 (“We Aren’t Getting The Full Story About Charlie Kirk’s Assassination,” around September 17, 2025) — He questioned aspects of the official story, shooter’s messages, and whether there was a cover-up.
Good for him, he wasn’t going to sell out easily. But he probably had “the talk” in response to new info that came the next day: no exit wound with the 30.06. He would now have more, not less, reason to suspect the narrative. But, likely restrained from “going there”, he simply went nowhere, said nothing. Silence for almost three months.
But the pressure was likely too great so on Dec 12 he signed on to the whole narrative and debunked “conspiracy theories”. Grok actually uses the word “finally” to describe him finally addressing the conspiracies.
The context is important: on 12/9, Candace brings up Ft Huachuca and all hell breaks loose. On 12/11, the day before Matt’s broken silence, we have Erika calling TPUSA her “family” and tells Owens to stop. Interview with Bari Weiss airs a couple days later.
So Walsh had done his part and he went back into silence mode. Grok says he’s not commented on the pretrial and the “overwhelming evidence”.
**
Also interesting is our president. While he has no issues or compunction striking back very hard against his enemies, he has a soft spot for when he feels compelled to initiate hostilities. I don't think he's intrinsically a violent person and I think his anti-war sentiment, despite the Iran war, is legit.
I thought it odd that he was asked by a reporter about Charlie Kirk after the assassination and he immediately changed the subject to his ball room. I also thought it strange that he didn't seem to talk about Charlie much except when asked directly or during the memorial or freedom medal ceremony. He seemed almost reluctant. I asked Grok to compare the frequency he's mentioned Ashli Babbitt compared to Charlie and Ashli is the more frequent subject.
It's also interesting to see what Trump has said about the state of his soul over time.
In 2016 he was hopeful, saying the presidency would give him the "opportunity to do good in order to go to heaven". In August of ’24, not long after the assassination attempt, he was neutral but still leaving the question open, saying “I do [believe in heaven]. If I’m good, I’m going to heaven. And if I’m bad, I’m going someplace else.” In August of ’25 he stated that he wanted “to try to get to heaven if possible.”
But then something changed between Aug 19 of ’25 and Oct 12 of ’25. On that October date he said flatly, “I don’t think there’s anything that’s going to get me in heaven. Okay? I think I’m not maybe heaven-bound. I may be in heaven right now as I fly on Air Force One.”
So what happened between August of ’25 and Oct of ’25 that would make him more pessimistic about his chances?
No comments:
Post a Comment